Sunday, July 5, 2015

My balance stinks.

I'm currently trying to balance family, work and writing.  I'm failing. Hard.

It could be a case of summer brain. It's taken a vacation without me or it could be my summer job. I forgot what it was like to work long days and it's kicking my butt.

I wrote Love You, Always and Love, Ryan while working 30-40 hours a week. I just wrote wherever and whenever I could including the living room surrounded by my noisy family. But after spending the past 9 month just writing while the kids were at school, I've been ruined.  I'm not used to working long hours (besides writing) and not used to writing surrounded by family noise. I've gone soft.

Maybe I just need to find my rhythm again.

On a positive note, I'm constantly, I mean CONSTANTLY, thinking about my current work in progress and I'm a fourth of the way done with Until Us the second book in the Until series. I've also been working on timelines and heavily outlining the next several books that are in my queue so once I sit down and write, it SHOULD come fairly quickly like it did with Until Now when I finally sat and wrote.  ::crosses fingers::

About a month ago I mentioned I wrote 25 pages of notes for a book I wasn't working on. This is what it looks like outlined.




It'll be several books and I won't be releasing any of them until the whole series is finished. There is a reason for it and once it's finished I'll explain more, but I'm really excited for it.

So many book ideas, so little time.





No comments:

Post a Comment