Thursday, October 15, 2015

When frustration turns to self hate and other fun things that go on in my head.

I've posted on Facebook and on here about finishing Until Us, the second book in the Until Series.  It's so close I can see the finish line. In fact, I thought I would already be past it and working on an Until novella that I want to put out in December but noooooo.

It's written, but something isn't right. I've spent this week re-reading each chapter doing some minor rewrites and some bigger rewrites but something isn't working, and I can't put my finger on it. Each night I've gotten so frustrated that I've had to step away from my computer before I start crying and the self-hate takes over. I have to put it down for a few days and hope that the answer comes to me.

I desparately want this book to be done. Not only because I want to move onto something else, but because I love the characters so much that I can't wait to share them with the world. I fell in love with Katie before I knew Billy and Bridget from Until Now. Though no other character can kick them off my favorite character pedestal, Katie and Tyler come very close.

So I guess this is an update of sorts. I'm not sure when the book will be done. My hope is to have it out in the world mid November but I'm not making any promises because the past few months have taught me or retaught me some tough lessons.

1) I can't muscle my way through the process no matter how much I try.
2) Writing is hard for me. I'm not a natural writer. I'm a natural daydreamer.
3) If I compare myself to another author, I'm only going to make myself depressed which makes writing more difficult.
4) Breathe. Just freaking breathe for freaks sake.

Today I read this on an author's Facebook page. I can not say yes enough to this because I've done the opposite and it worked perfectly on making me miserable.







No comments:

Post a Comment